Economic Impact Payments
On March 11, 2021, President Joe Biden signed the $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill, meaning the third round of stimulus checks has been approved. According to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, "Some people in the country will start seeing those in direct deposits in their bank accounts this weekend," she said Thursday during a press briefing. "And payments to eligible Americans will continue throughout the course of the next several weeks."
For the latest IRS details regarding 2021 Economic Impact Payments, please click here.
The easiest way to track your payment is by visiting IRS Get My Payment.
To help you prepare we recommend that you do the following:
- Use Online and Mobile Banking to check your transactions so that you can see when deposits are made to your account. Sign up for Online Banking or download our Mobile Banking App today!
- Set-up Alerts and Notifications so you know when deposits are posted to your account.
- To set-up an Alerts and Notification sign in to Online Banking, and select "Mobile Banking and Alerts".
- When you set up your alert, make sure you choose the checking or savings account that you expect the payment to be deposited.
- Use Mobile Check Deposit, so you can deposit checks into your checking account with your mobile phone or tablet from the Ridgewood Mobile Banking App.
- Sign in to Mobile Banking and select "Check Deposit" and follow the instructions. If you do not have the Mobile Banking App, download it today.
- If you are setting up a direct deposit to a Ridgewood Savings Bank account, our routing number is 226071033.
Beware of Scams
The U.S. Secret Service has already reported criminals using stimulus-themed emails and text messages to trick individuals into providing personally identifiable information. Please make sure that you visit the IRS website for the most current information available. The IRS is providing updates as soon as they have information available. You can follow the IRS on social media and sign-up for IRS e-news subscriptions to urgent updates on COVID-19, scams and economic impact payment information.
COVID-19 Scams and What You Need to Know:
During this time of uncertainty, many scammers are taking advantage of the fears surrounding COVID-19. According to the Federal Trade Commission, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Don’t click on unknown links.
It could download a virus onto your computer.
- Don’t click on links that say they have information from the CDC.
- For the most up to date information, go directly to the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Be alert about making donations to charities online. If someone asks for donations in cash, by gift card, or wiring money, don’t do it.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities”. The Securities and Exchange Commission is warning people about online promotions of stocks that claim a cure for COVID-19.
Phishers are always looking for topical subjects that will capture a victim’s attention. They will use the virus as a lure in the subject line to claim news about the infections or the virus itself. Phishing is an entry point for a variety of exploits, including stealing identities or money and delivering malware onto a victim’s computer. Do not click on the unknown, especially not password reset requests.
- Card Controls: Take control of your Ridgewood debit card and help prevent unauthorized transactions, right from your phone using our Mobile Banking App. Get real-time alerts, control how the card is used and even turn your card "off" if it's ever lost or stolen. Learn more.
- Identity Protection Services: Our Identity protection services available through EZShield are easy to use, highly advanced and accessible where and when you need it. Learn more.
- EZShield ID Restoration is available for free to all Ridgewood Checking customers. If you have been victimized by fraud or Identity Theft, you can contact a certified U.S. Resolution specialist for the End2End(r) 32-step restoration process by calling (833) 464-8099.
- Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts: If there’s a suspicious transaction, find out fast with real-time alerts via Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts. Message rates may apply. Signing up is easy; simply sign in to Ridgewood Online Banking and select "SMS Fraud Text Alert Enrollment" that is available in the "Additional Services" tab, or call our Customer Contact Center at (718) 240-4778 to get started, Monday - Friday: 7AM - 7PM, Saturday: 8AM - 3PM.
Additional Helpful Resources:
- FinCEN's Coronavirus Updates
- FBI Sees Rise In Fraud Schemes Related To The Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
- CISA's Defending Against COVID-19 Cyber Scams
Services are subject to change without notice.