Advance Child Tax Credit
In July, the IRS will begin distributing Advance Child Tax Credit payments to eligible families.
Important changes to the Child Tax Credit will help many families get these payments. The IRS will pay half the total credit amount in advance monthly payments to qualifying families, and families will claim the other half when filing their 2021 income tax return.
Here is what you need to know:
- For the latest IRS details regarding Advance Child Tax Credit payments, please click here.
- To check if you are eligible, please visit the IRS Eligibility Assistant webpage.
To help you prepare, we recommend that you do the following:
- Use Online and Mobile Banking to check your transactions so that you can see when deposits are made to your account. Sign up for Online Banking or download our Mobile Banking App today!
- Set up Alerts and Notifications, so you know when deposits are posted to your account.
- To set up an Alerts and Notifications, sign in to Online Banking, and select "Mobile Banking and Alerts".
- When you set up your alert, make sure you choose the checking or savings account that you expect the payment to be deposited.
- If you are setting up a direct deposit to a Ridgewood Savings Bank account, our routing number is 226071033.
- If you receive paper checks, use Mobile Check Deposit so that you can deposit checks into your checking account with your mobile phone or tablet from the Ridgewood Mobile Banking App.
- Sign in to Mobile Banking and select "Check Deposit," and follow the instructions. If you do not have the Mobile Banking App, download it today.
If you have any questions or need help getting started with our digital banking, we're here for you. Call our Customer Contact Center at (718) 240-4778, Monday - Friday: 7AM - 7PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8AM - 2PM.
Additional Helpful IRS Resources:
- 2021 Child Tax Credit and Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Frequently Asked Questions
- 2021 Child Tax Credit and Advance Child Tax Credit Payments: Resources and Guidance
Services are subject to change without notice.